Creamy Turkey Soup (Very Low Fat and Gluten-free)
Creamy Turkey Soup (very low fat and gluten-free)
A very low fat and gluten free creamy turkey soup. Can use chicken and chicken broth instead of turkey.
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 TB oil
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 2 quarts turkey stock (This is how I make my turkey stock.)
- 2-3 cups chopped turkey
- 2 quarts turkey stock
- 2 cups pureed white beans
For the Pureed White Beans
- 2 cups white beans, with liquid.
- Drain and rinse the beans.
- Puree the beans and slowly add back the liquid until it's the consistency of sour cream.
- Saute onions, carrots and celery in olive oil until soft.
- Add broth and thyme and bring to a gentle boil.
- Whisk in pureed beans.
- Add turkey and heat through.
By Lynn Spencer
Pics and Printable Recipe Available at: Nourish and Nestle