**Prosciutto and Grape Grilled Cheese** Freshen up classic grilled cheese with red grapes and thinly sliced ham or prosciutto for the sweet and salty sandwich you’ve been craving.
- 1 1/2 cups seedless red grapes, coarsely chopped
- 8 slices marble rye bread or sourdough bread
- 2 ounces shaved ham or very thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 cup shredded Jarlsberg or Swiss cheese (or 4 ounces sliced)
- Butter or olive oil
- In a large nonstick skillet cook grapes over medium heat for 2 to 4 minutes or just
until grapes are softened. Drain off any liquid.
- Layer four of the bread slices with ham, grapes, and cheese. Top with the remaining
four bread slices. Lightly spread the outsides of sandwiches with butter or brush
with olive oil.
- Rinse and dry the skillet. Preheat skillet over medium heat. Place sandwiches,
half at a time if necessary, in skillet. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bread is
toasted. Turn sandwiches and cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until bread is
toasted and filling is heated through.
This Recipe Is Published Here