**Duck Chow Mein** This duck chow mein recipe is so simple and easy to make and is packed full of flavor.
If you are on a low-carb diet, serve without the noodles or over a bowl full of riced
cauliflower or quinoa. You can also add other assortments of vegetables such
as bell pepper, red cabbage, bok choy, baby corn and bean sprouts.
Clean duck breasts and slice into 1/4 inch thin strips and place into a glass dish
or pan. Mix all marinade ingredients in a small bowl and pour over meat.
Cover with plastic wrap and marinate for 1 hour or overnight.
- 6 Duck breasts
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
Chow Mein Ingredients
- 24 ounces chow mein noodles (cook as directed)
- 2 tablespoons canola or avocado oil
- 1 cup carrots, finely chopped
- 4 green onions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely chopped
- 8oz sliced water chestnuts
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 2 cups snow peas
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- Drain duck meat from marinade and set aside. Heat a large pan or wok over
medium-high heat and add oil. Add duck and quickly cook for about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in carrots, onions, garlic and water chestnuts and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add cabbage, snow peas and continue to cook for about 1-2 minutes until cabbage
- Add the soy sauce and hoisin sauce and stir everything together.
- Add the chow mein noodles and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Garnish with chopped cilantro, green onions and hot chili oil.
This Recipe Is Published Here