I made this glaze specifically for a ham, but you could make a great glaze for fish by exchanging the cinnamon for something like marjoram or stir in some fresh lemon zest after blending.
3 Large Bartlett pears, skinned, pitted and cubed
2 Tbsp salted butter
1/2 Cup granulated sugar
1 Large shallot, finely diced
1 Tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp Spicy brown mustard
Salt to taste
- In a small sauce pan combine pear, butter, and sugar.
- Cook over low heat, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until the pear has given off its liquid and becomes very soft.
- Add in the shallot, cinnamon and mustard.
- Continue to cook for another 5 minutes or until ingredient are well combined and the pear has almost entirely broken down.
- Remove from stove.
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to blend the sauce until smooth.
- Test viscosity. If too thick, add a small amount of water. If too thin, continue cooking on stove to reduce.
- Add salt to taste and allow to cool before glazing anything raw.