Prawn, Avocado & Chorizo (Caesar Style) Salad
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 300-350g of cooked prawns, peeled (I kept the heads and tails on 2 of the prawns to use as garnish)
- 1 small chorizo sausage, diced
- 1 avocado, roughly diced
- 2 slices of bread (I used multi grain), diced into cubes
- 1 cos/little gem lettuce, torn into large pieces
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp of mild chili sauce
- A splash of Tabasco
- A pinch of smoked paprika
1) Preheat the oven to 200°C/390℉.
2) Fry the chorizo in a non stick frying plan until crispy, remove with a slotted spoon, reserving the oils in the pan.
3) Add the cubed bread into the pan coating it in the chorizo oil then transfer to a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 10-12 mins until golden.
4) Meanwhile mix the mayo, sour cream, chili sauce, Tabasco and paprika to make the dressing.
5) Add the prawns, avocado, croutons, chorizo and lettuce into a large bowl with half of the dressing and mix.
6) Arrange on the plate, drizzle the remaining dressing on top and sprinkle on some more paprika and serve.
Recipe can be viewed here