**The Francesca With Wisconsin Cheese** With Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella, pepperoni, and sautéed shitake mushrooms on rosemary focaccia, it’s like the Mona Lisa in grilled cheese form.
- 7 tablespoons butter at room temperature, divided
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces shiitake mushroom caps, thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 focaccia-style rolls, split
- 4 Wisconsin Fresh Mozzarella cheese ovaline-size balls, each cut into 8 slices
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 1/2 cup ripe black olive slices
- 6-8 pepperoncini, halved
- 4 ounces marinated sun-dried tomatoes, dried and thinly sliced
Mix 6 tablespoons butter with the garlic until light and smooth.
Heat sauté pan over high heat; add olive oil, 1 tablespoon butter, and
mushrooms. Season with pinch of salt and pepper; sauté 5 minutes.
Spread cut sides of rolls with garlic butter. Heat large skillet or sauté pan.
Place roll bottoms in pan, butter-side down. Grill until golden brown.
Flip roll bottoms. Layer on each bottom 4 slices Fresh Mozzarella, 4 slices
pepperoni, some black olive slices, 3-4 pepperoncini halves, some sautéed
mushrooms, 1 ounce sun-dried tomatoes, and 4 more slices Fresh Mozzarella.
Place roll tops over.
Grill until cheese is melted and bread is crisp and golden, turning sandwiches
over once during grilling.
The Grilled Cheese Academy has a lot of great grilled sandwiches, including This One