Block Island Lobster Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Play around with different herbs in this lobster salad recipe, such as parsley
or mint, and other citrus, like grapefruit in place of orange.
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, plus more for drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1–1¼-pound lobsters, steamed, meat picked and cut
into large pieces, or 2 cups picked cooked lobster meat
- 1 large or 2 small tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- ½ English hothouse cucumber, peeled, cut into ¼-inch pieces
- 1 small head of Bibb lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup pea shoots (tendrils)
- 2 tablespoons very coarsely chopped fresh chives
Whisk shallot, mayonnaise, orange juice, tarragon, 2 Tbsp. oil, and 1 Tbsp.
lime juice in a medium bowl; season dressing with salt and pepper.
Combine lobster meat, tomato, and cucumber in another medium bowl.
Set aside 3 Tbsp. dressing. Drizzle remaining dressing over lobster mixture
and toss to combine; season with salt and pepper.
Arrange lettuce leaves on a platter and drizzle with a little oil and lime juice;
season with salt and pepper. Mound lobster salad over lettuce and top with
avocado and pea shoots. Spoon reserved dressing over salad and finish with chives
This Recipe Is Published Here