I’ve been on an egg binge lately and this time I made an egg salad with bacon bits, roasted garlic, tomatoes and chipotle mayo.
3 oz cherry tomatoes
4 cloves roasted garlic (sub ½ tsp garlic powder or 2 tbsp fresh chives)
¼ cup bacon bits
2 tbsp chipotle mayo (sub regular mayo)
1/2 avocado (optional)
1. Boil water in small pot.
2. Poke hole in egg with thumbtack or knife, for easier peel.
3. Boil eggs in water for 8 minutes for medium soft eggs, 10 for hard boiled eggs. (I like my eggs medium soft because it makes the salad more creamy)
4. When done, run eggs under cold water then peel.
5. Chop up eggs, tomatoes, and dill, and smash the roasted garlic.
6. Mix all ingredients together.
7. Enjoy with toasted bread, sliced avocado and a sprinkle of smoked paprika.