Roasted Red Pepper, Tomato and Smoked Gouda Soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 16 ounces roasted red peppers, drained, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 1 28-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can cannellini (white) beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup chopped fresh basil
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 ounces Smoked Gouda, shredded
In a large soup pot, warm olive oil over medium-high heat.
Add onion, carrots, and garlic and cook until the vegetables are tender,
about 4 minutes.
Add red peppers, tomatoes, beans, broth, bay leaf, basil, red pepper
flakes, salt and pepper.
Bring the soup to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to low
and simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
Remove the bay leaf.
Using a blender or food processor, purée the soup in batches until smooth.
Return the soup to a soup pot and keep warm over low heat.
Shred Smoked Gouda by hand or using the shredding/grating attachment
of a food processor.
Ladle soup into bowls and top each serving with 1-1/2 ounces of
Smoked Gouda. Stir well until cheese is melted.
This Recipe Is Published Here