Taco Beef Rice
This is a really nice fusion of mexican style ingredients mixed with rice. The beef is well seasoned and spiced, mixed with salsa and capsicum to provide a wonderful base to the meal. Simmered in the pan with rice and mixed through with cheese at the end, provides an amazing flavour that is not overspiced. You can really spice this meal up, if that is your preference, by adding addition chilli or going with a more spicy salsa. However I think the ingredients as listed below provide just the right level of spiciness to the dish, to keep you wanting another mouthful.
• 500 g Beef Mince
• 1 Brown Onion diced
• 1 Red Capsicum diced
• 1 Green Capsicum diced
• 400 g Diced Tomatoes 400g can
• 1 cup Salsa Sauce I use mild, but to your preference
• 2 cups Beef Stock
• 1 cup White Long Grain Rice
• 2 tsp Cumin
• 1 tsp Ground Chilli
• 1 tsp Garlic powder
• 1 tsp Ground Paprika
• 1 1/2 cups Shredded Cheese
1. In a large frying pan or pot over medium to high heat, add beef mince and cook until lightly brown. Stir regularly for about 2-3 minutes. Break up clumps with wooden spoon.
2. Add onions, red capsicum & green capsicum and cook until beef is fully cooked and onion and capsicum is soft. Approx 6 minutes.
3. Add diced tomatoes and mix through.
4. Add salsa, rice and beef stock and stir to mix through.
5. Add cumin, chilli, garlic powder and paprika and stir to mix through.
6. Turn heat to low, place cover over pan or pot and simmer for approx 20 – 25 minutes until rice is soft and liquid has reduced.
7. Remove cover, top with cheese and stir through until it melts
8. Remove from heat and serve.
For pictures & more follow the link below:
Taco Beef Rice